We have been invited to represent Coonley at the Tech 2017 Day in Springfield. This is a day when schools from all over the state send representatives to Springfield to present on the ways they are using technology in their classes. To learn more about this initiative please visit https://www.iceberg.org/tech/. For this event, the students chosen will create a display board and a digital display showcasing how they have used technology this year. These displays will be created after school.
The event takes place on May 9th. CPS will be providing a coach bus to take students to and from Springfield.
Since schools from around the state are showcased we are only able to bring three students. Several students have indicated an interest in attending. I am asking that students do two things to show their interest and willingness to prepare for this event. First they need to answer the three essay questions that follow. Second, they need to have this letter signed by parents.
If more than three students complete this form, I will draw names from a hat to make it fair. You may email me with any questions you have about this event at Kmmalhiot@cps.edu.
Essay Questions (Please write answers on a separate sheet of paper):
- Why do you want to prepare for and attend the Tech 2017 event in Springfield?
- The title of our presentation is Tech Toys Teach STEM (Science Technology Engineering and Math) skills. Explain how you think our presentation should address this topic. Think about what we discussed in class.
- This presentation requires you to work with a team of classmates, present information to adults and do a lot of extra work. Explain why you think you are uniquely qualified to do this.
- I am willing to have my child work after school on designated days to prepare the materials for this event. (These will be Mondays, Tuesdays or Wednesdays)
- I am willing to have my child go to Springfield for this event on May 9th. (You will have to sign a separate permission slip for this event) I understand that I will have to drive my child to and from the pickup and drop off location. This location is not known at this time.
Parent Signature __________________________________
*This letter can be downloaded and printed below. A copy will go home with students today.